June 29th. St. Peter’s Mass. Saint Peter or Simon Peter was an early Christian leader and one of the twelve apostles of Jesus who is featured prominently in the New TestamentGospels and the Acts of the Apostles and who is venerated as a saint. Saint Peter medieval mosaic from Chora Church
- June 29, Feast of Saints Peter and Paul—This is a major feast day and is preceded by a period of Lenten fasting known as the Apostles’ Fast
- January 16, Veneration of the Precious Chains of the Holy and All-Glorious Apostle Peter—commemorating both the chains which Acts 12:1-11says miraculously fell from him, and the chains in which he was held before his martyrdom by Nero.
- Images of St. Peter St. Peter’s Basilica Salzburg
Holidays and observances
- Christian Feast Day:
- Independence Day, celebrates the independence of Seychelles from United Kingdom in 1976.
- Veterans Day (Netherlands)